Letting the world help us design and build our "Dream Home."

My Army career is winding down after 23+ years and we've decided to live in Texas. Now it's time to build the house of our dreams...but we've never done this. So we want (need) the best and freshest ideas to build the home we'll live and raise our family in. WELCOME and thanks for your help.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Yikes!!! It's crazy in Afghanistan and in the States...lots of moving being planned

Hello everybody, it's been awhile since I've written but I think you'll understand.  I have about one real opportunity to write per week here in Afghanistan and that's my Friday morning when I have the morning off.  Beyond that, long days often keep my blogging to an aspiration only.

Jen has been the BUSY one!  Without turning this into an ode to the strength and perseverance of an Army wife...let me just say that Jen has planned our household goods transportation, found us a rental home (close by the lot where we'll build), and is now planning her early move from Carlisle Barracks, PA to Texas - I just don't think I get back from Afghanistan with enough time to move to Texas and get the girls settled in for school.  So...Jen, in front of the whole world, let me just say I'm really, really proud of you.

I was going to write more but you know what, I'm just going to leave it at that for now.  I'll write another blog entry later but for now, on behalf of fortunate husbands everywhere...here's to strong, independent women who have married us lucky ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment