Letting the world help us design and build our "Dream Home."

My Army career is winding down after 23+ years and we've decided to live in Texas. Now it's time to build the house of our dreams...but we've never done this. So we want (need) the best and freshest ideas to build the home we'll live and raise our family in. WELCOME and thanks for your help.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

May 1st - my anniversary so let me tell me tell you about Jen and what we like

Now maybe she gets on this new blog and corrects anything I write...but first: "Happy Anniversary!!"

I am fortunate for several reasons but the ones that apply to this house-building project (and that you want to know about if you're still reading) is that Jen and me share many of the same design themes.  I'd be in trouble if I like traditional and she likes modern.  But whenever we discuss ideas, we agree 99% of the time (maybe 95% really, but I betcha this goes down as this blog continues!)

What does she like?  I think the best way to describe it is "Texas Modern."  Lots of open space, clean design - not cluttered, use of the beautiful Texas stone.  This "Spirit Lake House"designed by James LaRue is spectacular and I think will be our "dream" starting point.  Here it is: http://bit.ly/lbCYtB.  Why starting point do you say??? Well, I already told you I've been in the military for 20+ years.  I'm comfortable but by no means wealthy so we'll talk budget in a later post.

I'm getting excited now - my first blog.

Wow - we love this house!

No comments:

Post a Comment