Letting the world help us design and build our "Dream Home."

My Army career is winding down after 23+ years and we've decided to live in Texas. Now it's time to build the house of our dreams...but we've never done this. So we want (need) the best and freshest ideas to build the home we'll live and raise our family in. WELCOME and thanks for your help.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Getting started...

I finally got my orders to return to Fort Hood when I come back from Afghanistan. I'll pick up the family in Carlisle, PA and go back to Central Texas...a place we really grew to love when last assigned there.

My wife, Jen, and I bought a beautiful lot overlooking Stillhouse Hollow Lake before we last left, always wondering if we'd get back there to build. Well, here we come! But, like many military families, that time to settle down comes and then the decisions, anxiety, and happiness that comes with building that dream house!

I know what we want...I think. So, we figured we'd start this blog and "crowd-source" the best and brightest ideas over the months ahead. Over the next year, we'll cover everything from house layout, construction management, renewable energy, financing

So sign up, share this with your design, building, architecture, etc friends and let's get building Casa Arey!

No comments:

Post a Comment